Monday 18 February 2013

My Teenage Years




My teenage years do not bring all that many changes. I am still responsible for the fishing; although now I feel more confident about staying out late at night. In the years that I have been here I have never seen another living person and I no longer feel the need to run back to the 'safety' of Nemo's shack when it gets late.

Another small change is that I am now using my tent. I came back from a late night fishing trip and found this...


If Nemo had decided to use my sleeping bag then I was going to use my tent. 


In the morning Nemo didn't say anything about the 'new' tent. Not a single question! So all my damp nights worrying about it were a complete waste of time!

The biggest change is really that Nemo occasionally interacts with me now. True it's usually by sneaking up behind me and soaking me with water but it's more than he's ever done before.
 

Anyway I don't mind water. If I'm not catching our dinner in it, I'm usually having a splash around myself to try to cool off. I feel like I should be trying to be more productive and spend a lot more time up at the mine seeing what I can make out of the scrap there but, well, it's nicer down here and the days just keep drifting past. Tomorrow. I'll start working on it tomorrow.
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I found you again! Somehow I didn't manage to subscribe to this blog, and then I had to remember where I found it. So hey, I'm back, and I'll try to get caught up soon :).

    ReplyDelete