Sunday 20 January 2013

Time Marches On


As you can see not much has changed, I'm still fishing for our dinner...


And Nemo is still hunting around for something edible to plant in a home garden.  I don't think that looks good.  I draw the line at eating fungi which glows in the dark.

I am spending a bit of time playing around with some of the scrap I found up near the mine, trying to see if I can make anything useful out of it.  To be honest though I nearly hit my thumb more often than I hit what I'm working on.  I would probably get better with practice but so far I haven't really devoted the time needed to improve.


Now that I know I have a tent I could use if I wanted to it's even harder to accept getting regularly soaked when I'm trying to sleep at night.



I'm still not sure how Nemo would react though, so for now I'm just going to put up with it.  It's still not very cold so I have a bit more time before I need to make a decision.


At least one of us enjoys the rain.  Although he's not actually soaked like I am and it might just be him having a laugh at the fact that he's dry and can enjoy having a splash around while I'm totally drenched and feeling miserable because of it.


My sun umbrella also didn't like the rain that much.  Thank goodness I have somewhere shady to go when the heat gets completely unbearable.

Although the main heat of summer is really going and the nights often have a slight chill to them so I'm glad to be able to warm myself by the fire.


And, as the season continues to draw to a close,


I am no longer a child.

2 comments:

  1. I noticed your link on the Nothing is Free MTS thread. I'm interested in this challenge, and this is an interesting take on it. I'd never have thought to start with a child.

    What world are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really fun challenge if you feel like giving it a go yourself.

      I'm using Lonely Island by rflong1 (I think). There are some rather bizarre looking worlds but I just wanted a small island for my story; although fitting everything in is going to be a problem as I begin to build more. I'm having to get a creative about my use of space.

      I've been on holiday for 3 weeks so I haven't posted but I'll post another few tonight and then keep working on getting the rest out.

      Delete