Sunday 20 January 2013

Exploration

Exploration

With a steady food supply and me feeling more comfortable in my new 'home' I had the time and the desire to explore the island a little more thoroughly.  Up the hill a little way is the remains of an abandoned mine, Nemo had mentioned this before when I asked him where he got the iron cauldron that we cook on, he said that he picked it out of the trash from this mine.   


I was quite excited about the existence of this because it proved that there must have been people here at some point in time and I started wondering who they were.  Nemo displayed no interest at all and just wandered off.  I don't know if he's been up to the mine in years.

I went up there to see if there was anything left worth salvaging and as I was searching around the undergrowth I saw something in the brambles that looked like...


STAIRS!


Holy Cow!  Is this what Nemo meant when he said that he found the pot in a trash pile?  Look at all this stuff, there must be all sorts of things buried in there!

And there seems to be a sort of work bench.  I'm not sure what that is used for.  Maybe I'll keep having a look around.


Showers in a Can?  Those might come in handy.  And a tent?


Now I'm not sure what to do.  Does Nemo know about this place?  Is this where he recovered his cooking pot from or was that somewhere else.  If I use the tent will he take it from me and still not let me shelter in his hut when the weather turns bad?

For now I'm not going to mention what I've found and I won't use the tent.  Maybe I'll have to when the weather turns colder as Nemo says it can.  Winter here is short but he says that you can still freeze if you don't keep warm.  With a tent and my sleeping bag I should be ok if he still refuses to let me take shelter inside with him.

Meanwhile I'll start digging through these piles of junk and see what I can find.  At least it's cool down here and I'm out of the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment