Saturday 12 January 2013

Nemo



Nemo


Who is Nemo?

I don't think that is his real name but he refuses to speak to me about who he is and how he came here.  In fact he refuses to speak to me at all.  I don't think he likes children much, at least he doesn't like me.  

'His island' is very beautiful and small enough to be easy to get around.  I've had a quick exploration and will no doubt spend more time over the next few days and weeks wandering all over.  I doubt I'll have much else to do.  I'd say that I hope to be rescued but looking at Nemo I don't know how long it has been since he was last in civilisation so I don't hold out much hope for myself. 


We are down in the corner of the south field, near the fishes hook at the beach.  It's a lovely place, especially when the sun is shining.


I love being outside which is lucky because Nemo only has a tiny hut for himself and he doesn't like me being anywhere near it.


So Peepo and I live in a sort of exile, being vaguely tolerated so long as we don't get too close or try to talk to him at all.

I'd say that Nemo was a totally humourless person but on occasion I have seen him laugh.  There was the time for instance that I was out exploring and got caught in a heavy downpour and was completely soaked.  On my arrival back at camp, looking like a drowned rat, Nemo found that very amusing.   Not amusing enough to let me take shelter in his little hut though.  I still had to huddle under a nearby tree until the rain shower passed.


On learning that I knew the basics of fishing Nemo announced that I would earn my keep by fishing for him and providing dinner.  I'm not sure just what sort of 'keep' I'm earning considering I'm having to sleep outside and he is providing me with nothing; however I don't have anything better to do and I'm determined to learn how to look after myself.  The orphanage taught me self reliance.  Learn to take care of yourself because you can't trust anyone else to.


The lifeboat I arrived on is broken and ruined, even if I knew how to sail and where to head to, it wouldn't be capable of any other trips out on the sea.  Maybe Nemo knows how to fix it, after all he managed to build his little hut even if it's not exactly anything much.  It still doesn't leak which is something.

There are some lovely fishing spots on this island.  It's so peaceful and quiet.  Nemo doesn't want me around but I prefer my own company anyway.  It's so restful here, without the screams and yells of all the children in the orphanage.  Maybe I'm not going to be in too much of a hurry to be rescued after all.


And if you get tired of fishing...


Ahhh.  What could be nicer?






My Note:

'Nemo' has the Loner, Inappropriate, Gatherer, Dislikes Children and Angler traits.

No comments:

Post a Comment