Tuesday 19 February 2013

Alone at Last



Peepo is now my only companion on the island and although I still enjoy playing with him he is no longer a sympathetic ear when I need someone to talk to. He is just a stuffed toy.

The chores of camp keep me busy and don't leave me a lot of time for dwelling on my loneliness. The bee hives need tending.


The garden needs looking after.


And I have also returned to the junkyard up at the mine and am trying to make some useful items from what I find there.

With debatable success.

Thank goodness for those handy 'Showers in a Can' else I would have been a charred corpse long since.


I can't really say that anything I am currently making has much practical value although I do occasionally find some real finds in the junk piles as I sort through them.

All of this work leaves me little thought for anything but my bed. Which is still out in the tent; now that I am able to move inside the shack I find that I am reluctant to do so. Perhaps I have the thought that Nemo's ghost still lingers but I think that I just prefer to be out of doors and closer to nature.


No comments:

Post a Comment