Monday 25 February 2013

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I remember reading Frankenstein as a young child.  Frankenstein’s creator, full of hubris, tries to make that most marvellous of all things – Life. 

I wasn’t.  I was really just trying to divert myself or perhaps make a magical flying machine to take me away from here.  But somehow, I managed to make….

This.


I’m not even sure how it happened.  Suddenly a random collection of nuts and bolts started to walk and talk. 

Gave me a heck of a shock, I’m telling you!

I think I’ll just try to not think about it too much.  This island is a special place; maybe something felt my loneliness and took pity on me. 

Whatever the reason I now have a friend.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the best use I've seen of a simbot. So sweet :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I needed a companion for her and she had just enough Life Reward points when her loneliness got so bad she refused to do anything. So that was lucky otherwise it would have been even more miserable for her.

    ReplyDelete