Monday 4 March 2013

The Very Best of Friends for Realsies


So where was I?  Oh yes, the horror that was Edwin.  Because just when I thought I would have to take a large and heavy hammer to my dear friend, THIS happened.


Apparently his circuitry doesn’t like the rain.  Pretty silly to head up to the mine in that weather but he’d probably thought of a really good prank to pull on me and just couldn’t wait. 

Against my better judgement I fetched my tool kit and had a rummage around in that brain of his to try and repair the damage and lo and behold I found all of these switches.  And buttons. 

 
A few tweaks here, a few adjustments there and suddenly I have a wonderful new friend.  One who is kind.  One who is friendly.  One who really loves working in the garden and cleaning up all of my mess!  Perfect :-)


Now that I knew Edwin really couldn’t handle the rain I gave him my umbrella to keep him dry.  Unfortunately it’s not in the best of shape anymore.  At any rate you can see how effective it was.  Me to the rescue again.

  
And again.

In the end the best solution was something I threw together on my inventing bench.  This fabulous little digger managed to create a tunnel from our home camp:


up to the mine.  



This way Edwin can keep his toes (and his electrical circuits) dry and I can take a break from having to put him back together every five minutes.  Everyone’s happy.

And I am.  Very happy.  Best Friends Forever.

4 comments:

  1. HaHa! Edwin shorting out in the rain! At least she took the opportunity to make him better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't played The Sims much before now so I had no idea that that would happen. I was genuinely surprised. Lucky for Whitney though because Edwin had a truly horrible personality.

      Delete
  2. I've never had a simbot. Could she actually change his personality, or did you use a Lifetime Reward to do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She actually could. It was a surprise to me. He just shorted out and when she went to fix him I found that I could adjust his personality. Which was a very good thing - Edwin was just rotten.

      Delete