Monday 4 March 2013

Edwins Blog or My Lonely Metal Heart is Aching


She is the most incredible person in my world.  She is in fact the only person in my world but I'm sure it would make no difference if there were another 10 or 10 million.  There could not possibly be another like her; she must be unique.

And I am a rusty robot with nothing to give her but my love.

I know how much she loves the water but I am mortally afraid of it.  She will be splashing outside in puddles while I'm cowering in my little room.


I can pretend at times that I'm normal or very nearly anyway -


But I'm not.  When she swims all I can do is watch from the beach and wish I didn't have this metal body.  Wishing I was more like her.


Sometimes she looks at me when she's swimming and I wonder 'Is that what you are thinking?  Are you unhappy that I'm just a robot?  Do you wish I was someone else?  Someone you could be with someday if he was enough of a real man?'



She has brought me into existence and shared with me her love of this land and all things which grow in it.  But there is a difference between myself and even the lowly plants - they are truly alive and I am not.


I would give her anything I could.  But I wish there was one more thing she could give me.

2 comments: