Saturday 23 March 2013

Doing the 'ol 9 til 5

Things are very normal in our little home on Lonely Island.


Edwin likes to garden while I do some simple prospecting on the side.

We have lazy mornings spent relaxing or having a late breakfast.


And my diet is more varied now that our little garden is flourishing.  I might possibly be getting a little sick of pumpkin.


We don't grow flowers so we have to go looking for those.  We love surprising each other like any normal couple.

 

We both have odd hours at work but we try to work around each other's schedule as much as possible.  Edwin hops down the tube for an evening shift up at the mine...


And I arrive back home the next morning from a stint in the past.  


My work attire tends to change a lot.
 
Sometimes it is a bit tricky to get away from work


But work/life balance is important and it's a good thing for couples to share a meal together and talk about their day.


We each have our own interests.  I never managed to get that guitar to produce any sound other than one like I was murdering it; Edwin has had a bit more success.  I think he might be using a different grip?


He also loves tinkering around with non living things.  I like to improve things but Edwin has a meaningful relationship with them.  


I occasionally feel a bit jealous of his feelings towards the time machine.

Still it's good that we each have a little hobby.  Edwin has his music and his spanner and I've have my travels through space and time and the occasional jaunt down mysterious glowing holes that I dig up during my drilling.  


All very normal and healthy.

Edwin doesn't seem much of a fashion critic which is nice when I sometimes wonder about  whether what I wear is appropriate work attire.  I'm not sure if my butt looks a bit big in this or what.


But he never says anything so he probably doesn't even notice.


 Now I'm not saying that everything is perfect all of the time.  We do have our little problems sometimes.

Anytime Edwin gets caught out in the rain he has a breakdown and needs a quick reboot but honestly, which relationship doesn't have the odd glitch?


And any little problems that we have don't really matter at the end of the day.  We always make time for each despite our busy lives and that's what's most important.


We may be a human woman and a rusty robot stranded on a mysterious island with very little chance of rescue but our lives are really just like everyone else's. 

Honestly.










No comments:

Post a Comment