Tuesday 23 April 2013

The End of the Chemistry Road

With my new idea burning a hole in my imagination I was at my chemistry set all hours.  Rain or Shine.


The season changed to winter and my pace didn't slow.  I'd work until I was so blue with the cold I had to head inside for a hot bath.


Although I now had some idea of what I was looking for I still didn't really know if it was possible and of course I had no actual roadmap on how to get there.  Like with everything I have achieved on this island I had to believe that the only limits were my imagination and how much work I was willing to do.

Life was still full of surprises.  I made this fascinating concoction at one point.


I was the only tester on the island so everything I made I had to check myself.


Wrinkles begone!  I felt like a fresh young girl, as though all my years had dropped away.


Well that clearly called for a celebration.  I wasn't able to make proper cake yet but I was able to whip up a celebratory birthday pie.  Sweetened with honey and tasting delicious!


And I also took a break and had a birthday outing.  I came back from the future with a new birthday outfit.  Looking very slinky if I do say so myself.


I had really reached the end of my explorations with the chemistry set.  I had gone through all of the ingredients and drawn a bit of a blank.  Some discovery's were useful, most not so much, but in the end I was no closer to my goal than when I started.

Now might be the right time to take stock of what I'm doing and what I'm trying to ultimately achieve.

I sat down and began to record the story of my life on this island; I'm hopeful that taking a bit of time out might bring a fresh perspective.


Writing did not come easily to me.  Perhaps it's because I'm used to fresh air and being inside the house for hours on end doesn't suit my temperament.  Maybe I would have found it more enjoyable if I could write but the icy weather wasn't permitting.

Regardless I frowned and moaned and pulled my hair in bored frustration but the exercise worked.

My memory was jogged.  There is one thing I've found here which I've yet to fully explore.  I didn't understand it when I first found it and so put it to one side and just forgot about it.  But since then I've discovered a few things and I think my skill in chemistry will come in handy as well.

Come tomorrow morning it's time to expand my work.


2 comments:

  1. Ah! Such a tease! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what it is she's trying to do exactly! Is it a clone? Or has she found a way to turn Edwin's metal heart into a real beating one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry the next one is already up. I was planning on posting them together but I realised that it was going to be a bit of a monster length so I split them up.

      Delete