Tuesday 4 June 2013

Wilbur... and his Older Brother?


Here he is, the Apple of my Eye.  My Beautiful, Bouncing, Bonnie Baby Boy.


He's growing up so fast. 

He won't have a normal childhood but we do our best to ensure that he's not deprived in any way. 

Explaining about daddy's little condition was a challenging task.  In the end I thought I handled it well.  I gently told him that Daddy was a ravenging monster who ate little boys who didn't go to bed on time.


Well it's one way to ensure a peaceful night's sleep.

Being parent is a huge challenge.  With no day care, no schools and no children his own age to play with Edwin and I are responsible for all of Wilbur's educational and social needs.


We make entertaining and instructional toys for him to play with and to make sure he knows how to use them properly I spend hours with him playing along.  Just for his benefit of course.


And because too many educational toys must be bad for developing a creative brain we also make a few which depend solely on imagination.  I'm just checking that everything works.

Mrrrmmmm.   Swwwwoooossshhh.  Rrrrrrrrrrrrr.


Daddy does his part; Edwin tells him many bed times stories.  Wilbur always seemed to prefer his to mine for some reason.


And he would go to sleep faster afterwards.


Hmmmm.  Maybe my parenting technique could use a little work.

Perhaps I'll practice on number two?

Yes, with Wilbur growing older we are both starting to think about providing him with a little brother or a sister.  I don't want him growing up alone, who knows how long it will be before he leaves here.  If he ever does.


Edwin is very keen on the idea of having another child.


A nice romantic night under a not full moon.


A loving kiss.

And then....


Well when you have a curious son in a house with no lockable doors you need to find slightly more creative ways of getting some 'alone time' if you want to avoid embarrassing situations!

Who knows, maybe Wilber has a little brother or sister on the way right now.


Oh my goodness.  Where did you come from?


I'm sorry, what did you say?  Can you please repeat that, I think I must have misheard you.

I didn't misshear you.

How?

When?

Where?

With WHO???!!!

,
,
,
,
,

Edwin.  Honey.  I have something I need to tell you...

4 comments:

  1. "I gently told him that Daddy was a ravenging monster who ate little boys who didn't go to bed on time. " BWAHAHA!!

    I didn't realize that your foundress was Childish. I have a lot of affection for that trait.

    I was wondering if your path of inheritance was going to be time machine children! Well, now you have one. And she's also pregnant? Or is the kid the one she conceived in the time machine? (You know, if that isn't a thing -- trying for baby in the time machine and then emerging with your own half-grown child -- then it should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she picked up Childish as her last trait. I thought it was rather appropriate myself - of course it was just the luck of the draw :-)

      And, yes, I was planning on Time Machine Children. She wasn't supposed to have a spouse at all! But she seemed to get nowhere with getting them. Honestly she Time Travelled so much she could give Dr Who a run for his money but no children! Nadda, nadda, zip, zilch, NONE!

      So, Edwin stepped up to the plate as a romantic interest and I think she's the better person for it.

      Delete
  2. lol! Loved Whitney's 'bedtime story' about daddy's condition. I don't blame Wilbur one bit for preferring Edwin's tales.

    *gasp! Time travel baby! That's so neat you got a child aged one! I only get Elders who come out claiming to be my sims kids. I didn't even know you could get other ages.

    I wonder how Edwin will take this news. And can't wait to see the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually there is no new baby :-) There WAS a new baby but the game bugged a few days after it was born and I had to go back to an earlier save :-)

      So the screenshots I took have been recycled as 'dreaming of having a new child' as opposed to 'new sprog incoming'.

      And, yes, you can get different ages. Child would be the youngest I would say as I couldn't imagine some toddlers toddling out can you? Or a baby!

      Delete