Sunday 12 May 2013

The Good Life

How wonderful it is to finally be able to experience the sorts of things everybody else just takes for granted.

Cuddling with my man on the sofa.


Having meals together.


And what an experience having his first plate of human food was for Edwin.  No more rusty pipes for him!


Sneaking looks at that fine figure while he has a bath.  Edwin has always wondered why I get so much pleasure out of my delicious soapy bubble baths, now he can experience them as well.

He's still extremely wary of the water though so I'm just making sure I'm close at hand if he needs anything.

Anything at all.

Which leads me one topic of conversation about a certain thing that a lot of couples enjoy doing together.


A bit of preparation is needed and Edwin has always been happy to help me with anything I needed

Although I don't know if he's ever been quite as keen as this.


Voila.

A new addition to our household furniture.  I think I can pack up that tent now.  I enjoy being outside but something tells me that I'm going to enjoy being inside even more.


Edwin went all out and our new bed really has all of the bells and whistles.  The sheets and duvet cover are my creation and still a bit rough.  I've gotten better at making fabrics and dyes but I'm a novice really.

Still, I think it looks nice.

And Edwin's as keen as I am to test out how comfortable it is.


Well, one thing leads to another and it wasn't too long before I was thinking it was time to start making preparations for the sleeping arrangements of someone else.

Edwin's and my child.


I don't think there are words to express how happy I am.

When I look back on my life and how very peculiar it has been, I think every bad thing fades away under the knowledge that I am bringing into this world a new little person to share our piece of paradise.  Life here can be hard and a daily challenge but the rewards it gives outweigh everything else.

I hope this little person, whoever he or she is, comes to love this place as much as Edwin and I do.


Edwin waits on me hand and foot so I have a very relaxing pregnancy.   When the time comes I'm pretty scared; it's not like either of us have done this before and frankly giving birth really hurts!


Fortunately it all goes smoothly and the newest addition to the island can be put in his cradle, upstairs in the new baby room Edwin and I have been working on for the past 9 months.


Hello Wilbur.  My beautiful son.  I gift Peepo to you.
















4 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww! Yays! I'm all excited to see Wilbur! Congrats on your lonely island starting to expand! Love it!

    And, uh, I totally overlooked it due to the fact that Edwin was suddenly rather hot, but what Is up with his eyes? Is he a werewolf? Is he a vampire? Does he even know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And the next generation! Awesome!

    And echoing the question about eyes. I notice Edwin's glow. Does that go with being a human-form simbot, or is he supernatural?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I found out when I started my alchemy experimentations that there doesn't seem to be a way to actually make a simbot human...

      Delete